A press release by the Madison County Courier revealed that the New York State Bar Association and the Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) launched a website with a portal for individuals seeking legal representation. According to the LRIS, the service is available on a 24/7 basis. The president of the state Bar, Claire P. Gutekunst, said that the LRIS would provide prominent lawyers to customers who use this platform to source for attorneys. This initiative is expected to transform how lawyers scale the delivery of legal services at affordable costs.
About the online portal
- The client logs in to the website and fills a confidential questionnaire clearly stating their legal concern.
- The State Bar reviews the forms and matches a customer to a nearby lawyer.
- If the client lives outside New York, the State Bar forwards the request to the appropriate county bar.
- The referrals are free, and the customers only pay for the first consultation. In case the matter involves medical malpractice, military law, or personal injury, no fees are levied.
- The client is not obligated to retain the lawyer after the first consultation.
Jeremy Goldstein career and philanthropic activities
Jeremy Goldstein is a bilingual attorney from New York City. Goldstein’s degrees in the law discipline come from the distinguished University of Chicago and the well-known Cornell University. He has been serving as a senior lawyer for the Jeremy L. Goldstein & Associates, LLC for close to three years. Goldstein handles cases, such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and executive pays.
Before forming Goldstein & Associates, Goldstein used to work at Shearman & Sterling LLP as an associate. Goldstein also used to work for Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen, and Katz for more than a decade. During his tenure at this firm, he was involved in handling matters concerning executive compensations and their relation to corporate administration. Goldstein is also a philanthropist who offers administrative support to the Fountain House, an organization that assists individuals with mental illness.
Visit http://officialjeremygoldstein.com/ to learn more.